Supporting Educational Initiatives Worldwide
Provide disadvantaged students with needed resources to overcome obstacles in their desire to achieve an education. As such our primary goal is to raise funds to support motivated and qualified students to further their education. Working with local educational institutions, parents and local nonprofit charities, we support and follow each student’s progress throughout the school year.
- Break the cycle of poverty through educational achievement and promoting the development of economically viable and self-sufficient communities.
- Respect and nurture students to reach their potential and become contributing members of their communities.
- Strengthen cultural and educational values within the communities.
- Identify factors where students are at risk.
- Provide educational resources to at risk students
- Educate parents and communities to the importance of education.
2016-2017 Project Goals in the Guanacaste Region of Costa Rica
We are working with students, parents, educators and local nonprofits in the province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica. The area of Guanacaste, Costa Rica has one of the highest poverty levels in Costa Rica. Consequently, attendance and retention of students past elementary school is often unachievable as the required resources to attend secondary school are beyond the financial resources of most families in the area.
- Our goal is to double the number of new students we sponsor to attend high school.
- Continue our efforts in the villages of Altos los Robles and Cascada with existing sponsorships of students.
- Expand our outreach to the village of El Triunfo for eligible and qualified students.
- Work with local charities in the Guanacaste area to identify and recommend other students in the Guanacaste area.
Interested In Donating?
If you are interested in donating to our project, we are accepting donations online. The cost of sponsoring one student for high schools is approximately $150.00 US. This includes the purchase of uniforms, shoes, books, supplies and backpacks.
Your generous support is appreciated.
Global Education Support is designated as a 501(C)(3) by the U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Our EIN: 81-4239564